Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Form Confirmation with Form Questions Instead of Smartsheet Column Names

When using a form linked to Smartsheet, the form's questions do not carry over to the email confirmation that the submitter receives. Instead, the email shows the Smartsheet column names and the answers submitted. There is no tracking of form questions (no cell history like in a Smartsheet), and so theoretically, you could change the form question without changing the Smartsheet column name, making the confirmation record unreliable.

It would also be helpful if you had the option to have copies of the email confirmation that submitters receive for your own tracking purposes.

For example, I am using a Smartsheet form for a compliance attestation (for delegates to attest that they comply with regulations). When the delegate completes the form and receives an email confirmation of their submission, the "questions" present as the much abbreviated Smartsheet column names instead of the questions they answered. There is no way currently for the submitter, or Smartsheet owner, to view the form questions as written alongside the answers to those questions.

Thank you!

Tags:
2 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• SoS | Dan Palenchar
    SoS | Dan Palenchar ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hello @Kobrin,

I'd suggest pairing your form submission to a Document Generator automation. You can create a fillable PDF that will take in the form values. You can edit this PDF as you wish to include your help text and anything else you would.

There is no tracking of form questions (no cell history like in a Smartsheet), and so theoretically, you could change the form question without changing the Smartsheet column name, making the confirmation record unreliable.

If you use the questions as your column names this would solve this. If the issue is that you want different column names than the questions you could use a duplicative set of column with the names you like set with simple formulas to their paired question column.

Hope this helps!

School of Sheets (Smartsheet Partner)

If my answer helped please accept and react w/💡Insightful, ⬆️ Vote Up, ❤️Awesome!