Autopopulating Dates Based on 2 Fields

I'm struggling. I have a workflow to auto-populate the created date. I have another column that determines the type and length of review requested (3 days, 6 days, or 12 days). I would like to auto-populate to a specific submission date Mondays at Noon to be discussed at a recurring meeting on Wednesdays, so it would be any date before Mondays at noon will count as if it was submitted on time (and not early). I've tried

=WORKDAY([Created Date][Review Type Requested: (Normal Review (6 Business Days)],6, Holidays:Holidays)

but it's saying unparsable.

Help!

Answers

• bisaacs
    bisaacs ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey @AMGoodman,

It doesn't look like the syntax for the WORKDAY formula is correct. You could look at using an IF statement to check the dropdown:

=IF(CONTAINS("6", Status@row), WORKDAY([Created Date]@row, 6), IF(CONTAINS("3", Status@row), WORKDAY([Created Date]@row, 3), IF(CONTAINS(….)))

I started the first part of the formula for you, but you can extend it to include any number of days based on the dropdown

Hope this helps!

If my response was helpful in any way (or answered your question) please be sure to upvote it, mark it as awesome, or mark it as the accepted answer!

I'm always looking to connect with other industry professionals, feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn as well!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!