Dynamic Formula

Options

Hi!

I'm using smartsheets to manage my business's projects and I have an automation that triggers when my PO checkbox is ticked, so that it copies the project over to a separate client sheet. Necessary so that I can keep all of my projects for Client A, B, C etc separate, for some specific calculations I need. (Mainly relating to their different payment plans).

The problem is, I'm using this formula to make some calculations on the destination client list so that I can read weekly invoice totals:

=(SUM([Week 24]6:[Week 24]50) - SUMIF(Status6:Status50, "Blue", [Week 24]6:[Week 24]50) - SUMIF(Status6:Status50, "Red", [Week 24]6:[Week 24]50))

and because that counts rows 6-50 as having information, my project that gets sent over gets sent to row 50 and onwards (the first "empty" row), leaving an enormous space, and not getting picked up by the formula.

From what I can tell Smartsheets can't do a dynamic reference like this: [Week 24]6:[Week 24]. So I'm not sure as to how I can have the new projects be automatically read by my formula.

Any ideas regarding a solution? Because if I can't get this to work, Smartsheets becomes completely redundant. 😅

Thanks!

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!