Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Allocate tasks to non-existing team members

It's very important at the beginning of a project to put together a plan speculatively, to identify additional team members we might want to hire/contract work to. I don't seem to be able to do this - typically I write a placeholder for the new hire (e.g. 'PCB engineer 1'), and it would be great to see the resource management showing the work allocation for these team members: at the moment the workload heatmap and scheduling only shows existing team members.

1 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Once you have set up the placeholder under settings in Resource Manager, by following these directions, https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/2480816-create-and-manage-placeholder-projects . After the project sheet and the RM project are linked, those placeholder team members will be available as a resource to be assigned tasks in the project sheet (see 1st example below), AND the hours allocated to the placeholder will show up in the workload details in Resource Manager (see 2nd example below). plus those scheduled hours are included in the capacity heatmap.

This is useful if you don't know who will be assigned, or if there is a vacancy being filled. Is this what you are trying to accomplish?

I hope that helps.

Jerome Duran

Tullahoma, TN

Jerome Duran, Tullahoma, TN