Conditional Formatting Not able to select in list even though it's in a dropdown column

Matthew PEARSON
edited 07/18/24 in Smartsheet Basics

I have a column that is a dropdown column that I want to be able to select from a list in the conditional formatting tool. However the list view does not have all my choices even after I have saved my sheet and refreshed it. I know I could use the define custom criteria and do each one individually but that would take a while to build. Any suggestions as to why all the options that I have in my dropdown list are not being shown in the list.

Note - I have made sure that all the options in the dropdown column have been used at least once on the smartsheet.

Answers

• Cory Page
    Cory Page ✭✭✭✭✭

Its a long shot but I have seen times where I created a conditional format made changes to column settings and they never updated. In most cases I simply deleted the conditional format close the window then go back in and recreated a new one which addressed the issue in my case. You may have already tried figured it was worth a quick post just in case.

• Thank you - Yep - closed out the window - even rebooted the laptop… :-) deleted the conditional format - No luck - It's just weird that it won't pickup all the whole list