Creating a widget for tracking the tasks for each member of a team

Hi. For the past few days, I've been trying to create a dashboard to track the tasks that each member of my team has. I learned that the best way to do this is to create a separate sheet where I used formulas to create a set of data and then use those to create charts in my dashboard. However, when I tried to use a formula I found online, the result I got was always 1. I don't know any better way to track the different types of tasks that each member has and then display them on the dashboard using charts and other widgets. Here are a few pictures of what I tried:

The columns I'm referencing:

Answers

• Tim C
    Tim C ✭✭✭✭✭

Are all the tasks in a single project or spread out in multiple projects? I would suggest creating a report and grouping by the team member (or assigned column). Then summarize and count the number of tasks each person has. You can then create charts off of that if you'd like.

• The tasks are spread out in multiple projects. I made a dashboard based off your suggestion but I still don't know how to create charts for each person, as there can be multiple people assigned to certain tasks.