Impact/target Multiple rows within the same group

Is there a way to impact multiple rows using a workflow?

If I select "No", on "remote access" Column,

I want the system to populate "Yes" on "was report delivered" column and today's date on when was the report delivered. "This is already happening successfully on my end"

However, I want to target rows 3,4,5,6 with the same input on row 2, because merged column is the same

Answers

• Jason Tarpinian
    Jason Tarpinian ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You can't have an automation trigger for a different row, but with formulas you can get the same result I believe your looking for.

=INDEX(COLLECT([Was Report Delivered & Education Provided?]:[Was Report Delivered & Education Provided?], [Merged - Group & Report Date]:[Merged - Group & Report Date], [Merged - Group & Report Date]@row), 1)

As long as the first "Merged" cell is going to be the one with the automation running, this formula will look up what "Merged" value each row it is associated with and return the first value of the "Was Report Delivered & Education Provided?" grouping.

Jason Tarpinian - Sevan Technology

Smartsheet Aligned Partner

• Yars
    Yars ✭✭✭
    edited 08/02/24

Phenomenal, it worked, thanks so much! I do have another question. when I insert Yes on row 1 for instance, the formula triggers the row 2 but when I insert Yes on row 2, it won't duplicate row 1. Is there a way it can do it both ways?

• Jason Tarpinian
    Jason Tarpinian ✭✭✭✭✭✭

If you add in additional criteria that the "Was Report Delivered & Education Provided?" isn't blank, you'll be able to get any other row to fill:

=INDEX(COLLECT([Was Report Delivered & Education Provided?]:[Was Report Delivered & Education Provided?], [Was Report Delivered & Education Provided?]:[Was Report Delivered & Education Provided?], <>"", [Merged - Group & Report Date]:[Merged - Group & Report Date], [Merged - Group & Report Date]@row), 1)

Jason Tarpinian - Sevan Technology

Smartsheet Aligned Partner