Sending form user to another link using conditional logic

Gayle
Gayle
edited 08/07/24 in Smartsheet Basics

Is there a way to send a user to another link once they've submitted a form, using conditional logic based on their specific form responses?

Answers

• Gillian C
    Gillian C Overachievers

Hi @Gayle

I don't think you would be able to do it from the form itself but you could build an automation in your sheet the form populates, so that if certain criteria were met when a row was added an email notification is sent to the individual with the new form link. It would be reliant on you collecting their email address (and that column in your sheet being a contact column) and everyone that is going to submit a form to your sheet having 'viewer' access as a minimum for the automation to work.

Hope that helps?

• Hi Gillian

Thanks for taking the time to answer! I had considered this too, but it's not quite going to solve our problem, as we're wanting to capture information from our frontline users in the moment, rather than sending them to an inbox to complete the workflow :(

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

The only option within Smartsheet is going to be the method outlined above with an alert or potentially Update Request. Otherwise you will need to explore third party form options.

• Jason Tarpinian
    Jason Tarpinian ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately for you, it sounds like Gillian has the proper solution. If that doesn't work, a possible work around could be using help text, it wouldn't be conditional exactly, but could work.

Use the link icon in the Help Text form builder to create hyperlinks for a field:

Then in the form it would look something like this, OR you could even build in form logic to have a field show up that would have specific field with help text link to show up. So if I chose "Control Center" in field A, the "Control Center Link" field would show with the link to control center, whereas if I chose "Smartsheet" in field A, the "Smartsheet Link" field would show up with the help text link to Smartsheet. Either way it would need to be done before the user submits the form.

Jason Tarpinian - Sevan Technology

Smartsheet Aligned Partner

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I hope you're well and safe!

Unfortunately, as others have mentioned, it's not possible now, but it's an excellent idea!

Please submit this as a Product Feedback or Idea (If it hasn't been added already) when you have a moment.

Here's a possible workaround or workarounds

- Have a report open after submission, showing only the correct link.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic day!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my comment(s) help/answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community and me by marking it - Insightful 💡- Vote Up ⬆️ - Aweseome ❤️ - or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer! I appreciate it, thanks!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.