Form Automation- Request an Update

Hello-

I have an access request form that needs to flow through two levels of approval. 1st level is the employee's supervisor, and they next is the director. The form keeps getting stuck if the supervisor denies requests an update. the update form will send to the employee to update and submit. Once they resubmit the form just goes into limbo. It won't trigger for the supervisor to review and approve and then move on to the director.

Another item with this current form and workflow is that it's making me create a column for supervisor approval and then supervisor reapproval rather than just keeping the supervisor approval updated.

Craig

Answers

• Victoria_Indimar
    Victoria_Indimar ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Craig / @DPS Finance.

For your first issue, the approval workflow is only triggered when a new row is added so if it is declined and updated, a new approval would never be trigger because the row was just updated, not added.

I would recommend creating multiple workflows instead of creating them all in one. Then basically mirror it for DAS Approval like the Supervisor approvals. It s a few more automations but it definitely makes it easier to troubleshoot.

1 - New Row Add: Supervisor Approval

» If Declined, send Update Request

2 - Row Updated with Supervisor Approval = Decline: Supervisor Approval

» If Declined, send an Update Request

3 - Supervisor Approved: DAS Approval

» If Approved, lock rows

» If Declined, send an Update Request

…. etc

By using multiple automations, you'll also be able to use the same Supervisor Approval field and just have it overwritten from Declined to Approved.

Also, I also noticed in your "If Declined", you added a condition for Supervisor Approval = Declined. That would be redundant since I'm assuming if the approval is declined, your are already updating the status to Decline at that point.

Hope this helps! Please LMK if you have other questions/issues with this.