Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Datasources for Dropdown Menus

13»

Comments

• TCJ
    TCJ ✭✭✭✭

Can we please just develop a central catalog to manage drop down lists across sheets, or at least templates? The fact that I need to download/upload is a real problem. Thank you

• Gia Thinh
    Gia Thinh ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hello,

I am pleased to introduce a solution for automatically updating dropdowns. Please take a look at the link below for our SmartDropdown solution, which is officially listed in the Smartsheet marketplace.

SmartDropdown for Smartsheet

For those who are interested, I would love learn more about your specific needs and how this solution could work best for you. Connect with me at :

Contact - Gia Thinh Co.

Gia Thinh Technology - Smartsheet Solution Partner.

• It would be amazing if there were a way to edit or add to a parent dropdown that can be used and updated across all sheets. This would make more builds possible that require many dropdown menus. Many sheets use the same dropdown, but then if anything is changed or added to it, it becomes a nightmare!

• Gia Thinh
    Gia Thinh ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Perkins Cinders

You may want to look at the SmartDropdown solution in the link below.

https://www.smartsheet.com/marketplace/apps/smartdropdown-smartsheet

Gia Thinh Technology - Smartsheet Solution Partner.

• swfascetti
    swfascetti ✭✭✭✭✭

Like @Neil Egsgard we update drop down menu through Data Shuttle. It is counter intuitive. Replacing or merging data into a target sheet makes sense. Updating the dropdown choices doesn't seem to fit with the others. I would love to know what the motivation was to add this option to Data Shuttle.

• JIDEATTURRA
    JIDEATTURRA ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Yes! Perhaps on a workspace level you could have a central repository for dropdowns that can be centrally updated and utilized across the sheets!

• Third-party apps are 100% not an option for Gov users, so I'd like to reiterate that this is a desperately needed improvement for manufacturing applications. It would SEVERELY reduce the number and complexity of feeder sheets necessary to translate data between separate systems - e.g. when a new product is added to the inventory control sheet, it becomes an option as an item to request within the purchase requisition tracker. These two systems cannot be combined, but are inextricably linked, making it very laborious to maintain and with great opportunity for compliance and control risks.

• Cory Page
    Cory Page ✭✭✭✭✭

What a great idea for sure, up-vote and a yes please… Add to cart…

• Allow sheet columns from one sheet to be the values for drop down elements in another sheet. This will ensure that users would only have to keep a single location updated and any sheet that references would have the most up to date information.

• agb
    agb
    edited 08/30/24

while I appreciate everyone (except the sellers) posting their solutions with premium add ons or 3rd party products, this is a huge missing feature from Smartsheet. Google Sheets and Excel have had this for years, I have a hard time convincing people to move to Smartsheet if they have to go back in time in terms of features.