Can I configure a DataMesh alert or email when there is a Config Log warning?

Hello Community,

I what I believe to be a relatively simple data mesh between two Sheets, lots of columns in each Sheet, but the actual mapping is only about seven columns. Somehow, one of the source sheet columns had a name change. Ex. is that "Column1 " changed to "Column1" (as space was removed from the end of the column name. I'm still confused on who/how that column ever had a space at the end of the name and I didn't find anything in Activity Log to understand more, I'll save that for another question.

But what happened is that the DataMesh was broken for about seven days before someone told me their data was stale. There were lots of "Warning!" messages in the config logs of DataMesh where I would normally see "Success!". Is there a way to get an email or some other alert type when DataMesh posts a warning, without having to click into the Config Logs icon of the DataMesh?

Thanks!

Best Answer

• Jason Tarpinian
    Jason Tarpinian ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

By default, you should at least receive one email when the DataMesh initially fails, any subsequent fails you won't receive. They look something like this. Make sure you aren't filtering them to trash or anything, it comes from notifications@datamesh.smartsheet.com.

The good thing about a name change is that at least all the columns that are still properly mapped are updating as intended, so not ALL the data would be outdated.

Jason Tarpinian - Sevan Technology

Smartsheet Aligned Partner

Answers

• Jason Tarpinian
    Jason Tarpinian ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

By default, you should at least receive one email when the DataMesh initially fails, any subsequent fails you won't receive. They look something like this. Make sure you aren't filtering them to trash or anything, it comes from notifications@datamesh.smartsheet.com.

The good thing about a name change is that at least all the columns that are still properly mapped are updating as intended, so not ALL the data would be outdated.

Jason Tarpinian - Sevan Technology

Smartsheet Aligned Partner

• DdLund
    DdLund ✭✭

Thanks for confirming Jason. I did find a message from notifications@datamesh.smartsheet.com (which I had already archived at some point…) and now have set Outlook Rules to highlight that email next time I get one.

As a somewhat new user in Smartsheet I find there to be an overabundance of Partner New, Marketing, Customer Success, Product Info, Worksmart, and other donotreply updates in email… I guess I just missed this Datamesh notification in all of the others.

=)