Google calendar like option or work around?

Hey I have 2 columns that show different dates that I would want to see together in the calendar view. Has anyone figured out a work around for this or a clever formula to make this work?

Hypothetically, for example: I would like to see the Packaging Release Date, Photography Shoot Date, and Copy due date.

Work Smarter, Not Harder

Answers

• Victoria_Indimar
    Victoria_Indimar ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Shawn_K2 ! Since the Calendar View only allows you display one date column or a date range, you would need multiple rows to display the various dates. Then you can use a field to distinguish the dates (ex. Type)

For example

Row 1: Name - John Doe | Type - Packaging Release | Date - 8/21/24

Row 2: Name - John Doe | Type - Photography Shoot | Date - 8/18/24

Then if you use conditional formatting to change colors based on Type (for calendar view), you would have both dates show for John Doe but Packaging Release is Orange and Photograph Shoot is Blue (for example).

It's not ideal if you want to see all the dates in the grid view in one row but it would definitely work for the calendar view and you could do things in the grid view like grouping with a parent and the various dates/types as the children. Hope this helps!

• Shawn_K2
    Shawn_K2 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks! This would be a good idea if it wasn't many items. I have 50+ items with its own row and 3 dates columns. Is it possible to see these dates I guess with a formula that goes to another sheet? And when a date changes from the parent sheet, it will change on the calendar?

Work Smarter, Not Harder