Search is working randomly.

We have consistently searched for amounts as labeled on attachments. We are currently able to see some in a search but there are many that are not showing up in a search but they are absolutely there. This is the first time we have noticed this happening for multiple transactions. Can you offer any guidance as what might be going on?

Answers

• Brian_Richardson
    Brian_Richardson Overachievers Alumni

I can't speak to the backend, but I'm surprised to hear that Search searches attachment descriptions at all, I didn't know that!

My only thought is that sometimes I find Search won't include new content right away. It takes a few minutes sometimes for Search to index something that's just been added.

Other than that, it might be worth reaching out to support with some screenshots showing the issue. They should be alerted if there's a problem with Search functionality outside of these forums, which are mostly just community members answering questions.

BRIAN RICHARDSON | PMO TOOLS AND RESOURCES | HE|HIM

SEATTLE WA, USA

IRON MOUNTAIN

• Thank Brian,

Unfortunately, it was just really random. Old ones are still available and new ones are available. Haven't found the common link between the ones that don't appear but we have been using it for years. We label our attachments to include an amount with no dollar signs or commas and anyone searching for receipts in attachments can easily find them by looking for a specific amount, vendor or customer because we label them to include all to make searching easy. Usually. In the past it had to be named before attaching. Of late you can edit the attachment after it is attached.

I turned in the problem with some examples. Just wondered if anyone else was experiencing the same difficulty.

Sandra Adams

CFO/ Corporate Administrator

Limitless Renovations

Atlanta, GA