External User Access

I have a Dashboard with links to 3 other Dashboards from the same Workspace. When I Publish the Main Dashboard, the links to the other Dashboards within it require the user accessing it to sign into Smartsheet.

I want external users to have the ability to access the Main Dashboard and the 3 other Dashboards that are linked within it. Is this possible without sharing the entire Workspace? Is there a workaround for this?

Answers

• Kerry St. Thomas
    Kerry St. Thomas ✭✭✭✭✭

The answer is in your question: "Publish." Each individual asset has its own Smartsheet-internal link and (if you activate it) its publicly available publish link. Simply publish all your dashboards, and then post those publish links on your dashboard and not the Smartsheet-internal ones.

Note that if you build dashboards like this, you risk releasing potentially sensitive information so make sure you have those securities in place. Also, any "click-through" functionality you have with any widgets to do things like open data sources or reports or whatnot might be restricted by whether someone is an external user.

If this answer resolves your question, please help the Community by marking it as an accepted answer. I'd also be grateful for your response - "Insightful"or "Awesome" reactions are much appreciated. Thanks!