Cell linking automation

I've been able to link cells from sheet to sheet but I can't find resources or videos on how to automate the process. I have to manually type the formula in the column of the other sheet whenever a new row is added to the master.

1. I have a master sheet. When a certain status is selected at a row level, I would like to copy/link the row data to a specific status sheet. I only want to copy/link a few columns of data, not every column of data, specific to that row, that is included on the master sheet. The new sheet would not include any data pertaining to the new row added to the master sheet so I cannot use data mesh as there is no unique identifier to lookup. I would like to automate this if possible.
  2. I have a master sheet. Every time a new row is added to the master sheet I want to link selected column data to a different sheet. I don't want to link every column, only a few columns of data for the new row that's added to the master sheet. The new sheet would not include any data pertaining to the new row added to the master sheet so I cannot use data mesh as there is no unique identifier to lookup. I would like to automate this if possible.

Is either option possible? Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Answers

• Isis Taylor
    Isis Taylor ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I haven't tried this out myself, but the Data Mesh process can be used to create cell links between sheets.

https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/2476796-get-started-smartsheet-data-mesh

Isis Taylor

Business Analyst Senior

• T Klausner
    edited 09/18/24

Isis -

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, Data Mesh will not work because I do not have a unique identifier in the new sheet that would link to the master sheet. The new sheet would need to be populated by the master sheet without having that match/index.