Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

System Admin: Power for Info Gov?

Kiye
Kiye ✭✭✭

Hello,

As a System Admin, I have to check User Sheet Access and User Type reports often to ensure my users (3k+) are utilizing the system in accordance with our company regulations. I would love a feature that will allow me to mark certain sheets, reports, and dashboards with feedback without having to download every sheet for my licensed users.

Basically, a new widget for System Admins. Bonus Points if this new feature allows System Admins to see the connections per sheet. There are times one sheet is being used for historical purposes and can be marked for deletion due to no update because we don't have power to see connections without the owner's providing admin access.

1. Select a user, see their user sheet access IN Smartsheet.
  2. Check boxes for items that need to have action from the owner.
  3. Enter a new screen to add my commentary as the System Admin for the Owner to action.
  4. Have a queue of these pending System Admin Requests that tracks Not Started, In-Progress, and Complete.
  5. A notification IN the tool for the Owner to see on the homepage at log-in.
  6. The owner would use this new space to make requested changes. Afterwards they mark the item complete.
  7. System Admin gets a notification of completion and can review changes.

In short, I'd use it to for clean-up, organization of the workspaces, and any additional discussions required to support responsible use of the tool.

Example: A user has created a plethora of sheets but didn't put them into a workspace. I find that a lot of users don't know where a few items are. I would look at the user, select their items, and add a comment such as "Please move to workspace". This feedback would appear in the tool home page for the user with my commentary saying "From your System Admin"

(Excuse my cheesy mockup)

The Owner can get the full list in a window (similar to the workspace look) with all the items that have feedback on it.

1 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated