Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Baseline Duration and Predecessors

I'd like to create a column for Baseline Duration and Baseline Predecessors, along with the current Start and Finish Date columns, when I baseline a schedule. In the cases where new tasks are added/inserted, the baseline predecessors would have to automatically adjust for the new row number that the predecessor has now moved to.

For simple tracking duration or slack adjustments - This will allow for a better picture of what happened in a project if you use a combination of slack in the predecessor column and duration that, together, defines the delta between the start and end dates currently recorded when baselining.

For new tasks or changes in sequence of tasks - This will help track the effects of adding a task that was not in the baseline, deleting a task that was in the baseline or if you accept a riskier path allowing a task to proceed w/o following the baselined predecessors.

In the end, I want my active schedule to truly reflect what is being or was done on a project (predecessors; new tasks, reordered, or deleted tasks; slack or delays between tasks used with predecessors) while the baseline showing what was planned.

Tags:
1 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated