Can you create multiple workflows if you have too many actions for one?

Hoping this is an easy question. If you have an automation workflow that reaches the limit of blocks (too many actions), can you build a second workflow to pick up where you left off, or will that interfere with the first flow?

My example is Condition path 1 - if state=X, request an approval from StateX email contact, if approved (action a) if denied (acton b)

Path 2 - if state=Y, request approval from StateY email... Etc for all states with unique email contact addresses.

I was able to do this for 10 condition paths, but I have 4 remaining states with unique email contacts that need the same process.

Best Answers

• AravindGP
    AravindGP ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Liz W

Since the split is by state, creating another workflow will not cause any issue with the previous one. Both workflows can have the same trigger and will run together when the trigger hits, based on the conditions, one would stop (as the conditions specified wouldn't have been met) and the other would run to complete the workflow.

Thanks,

Aravind GP| Principal Consultant

Atturra Data & Integration

M: +61493337445

E:Aravind.GP@atturra.com

W: www.atturra.com

• Liz W
    Liz W ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Thank you! I was afraid of breaking Workflow 1 - I appreciate the confirmation! 🏅

Answers

• AravindGP
    AravindGP ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Liz W

Since the split is by state, creating another workflow will not cause any issue with the previous one. Both workflows can have the same trigger and will run together when the trigger hits, based on the conditions, one would stop (as the conditions specified wouldn't have been met) and the other would run to complete the workflow.

Thanks,

Aravind GP| Principal Consultant

Atturra Data & Integration

M: +61493337445

E:Aravind.GP@atturra.com

W: www.atturra.com

• Liz W
    Liz W ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Thank you! I was afraid of breaking Workflow 1 - I appreciate the confirmation! 🏅