Workspace collections are here!

John Hieger
John Hieger Employee
edited 10/08/24 in Product Announcements

Hi Community, 

Are you sitting down? This one is big, access to the new workspace featuring collections is here! With workspace collections, you can quickly create work management solutions built for a specific purpose and scope. 

Collections allow you to organize and share all the content relevant to solving a business challenge in one easy-to-manage place. That includes sheets, reports, dashboards, forms from any workspace, Dynamic Views, and even other platforms like Google Docs, Figma files, or whatever else the work requires. Everything your team needs is in one place. 

Moreover, collections make it easy to curate and share only the relevant content while the rest of your workspace remains hidden. With collections, clients will understand the state of their projects, leaders will know exactly what dashboards to look at, and external stakeholders will have a specific view for completing their updates.

Unlike WorkApps, sheets, reports, and dashboards in a collection work exactly as you would expect in Smartsheet. You can @-mention coworkers in a comment, update the filters, and manage the sheet right where you are. Additionally, they leverage workspace permissions–all workspace admins can pitch in with building and managing collections. Whether it’s an enterprise-wide program or a simple home for your team, workspace collections can scale to solve various business challenges you might have.

NoteWe encourage you to start using collections as we continue to expand on its functionality. For instances where WorkApps better address your goals, we’ll continue to support them as we migrate towards a collections-centric future.

Collections are now available to customers on Enterprise plans with the new user membership model.

For more information see our Help Center: Collections in workspaces FAQ

You can also stay informed by Subscribe to receive product release updates for curated news of recently released product capabilities and enhancements for the platform of your choosing, delivered to your inbox. As new releases occur, you will receive a weekly email with news of what's released every Tuesday. 

Cheers,

John Hieger

Comments

• Erin Horiuchi Green
    Erin Horiuchi Green ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 10/08/24

@John Hieger I noticed that the Customer FAQ is a Google Doc. We have an Enterprise account, but, we do not use Google Suite. I requested access, but, it was via my personal Google account.

In order for me to get a similar UX, I had to do the below. I am not sure if there is a step where I need to request something from our Admin to initialize or not.

1) In left hand navigation bar, click Browse folder icon.

2) In the pop out menu, click the Workspace folder. Activate the Favorite ⭐ icon for the selected Workspace.
    3) In the Workspace folder, click Favorite ⭐ icon next to an item.

4) In the left hand navigation bar, click the Favorite ⭐ icon.
    5) Click an item in the Favorites folder.

Collections folder appears in the left hand navigation at the bottom.

5) Click the Smartsheet asset that has an embedded Form.

Erin Horiuchi Green, MBA, LSSYB, PSMI
    Process Manager
    Syneos Health

Please kindly like ❤️, upvote ⬆️ and/or mark ✅ any of my contributions that have provided value.

Core App and Project Managment Certified 🚀

• @erin we are updating our Help article to incorporate questions from this FAQ, we will also convert it to PDF and link to it soon, stay tuned please.

• Hey @Erin Horiuchi Green
    Just wanted to jump in here and clarify that Collections are available from the Workspace Panel.

This is the folder you have circled in Step 5 - it appears when you click on an item in a Workspace. 🙂 Here's a Help Article with more information: https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/2482797-workspace-navigation

Cheers,
    Genevieve

• PM_Reeves
    PM_Reeves ✭✭✭✭

Hi @John Hieger ,

can you please advise if this has rolled out globally, as I'm seeing no change in Australia.

Thanks

• @John Hieger I am not seeing the Collections folder yet in the Workspace panel. Is there something that a System Admin needs to enable? I am in the US.

• Meg Y
    Meg Y ✭✭✭✭✭✭

A collegue is at ENGAGE and shared that Collections is avaialbe to Enterprise customers on the subscription model.

Meg Young
    mmyoungconsulting@gmail.com

If this answer resolves your question, please help the Community by marking it as an accepted answer. I'd also be grateful for your response - "Insightful"or "Awesome" reactions are much appreciated. Thanks!

• @PM_Reeves it's available globally for all Enterprise plans on the new user model. My guess is you are probably on a legacy plan and not the new user plan.

• @Erin Horiuchi Green We linked to a Help article with some F&Q and we will continue to build that out over the coming weeks, there is further documentation available on our website as well re: pricing, etc.

• @John Hieger are Collections able to be added to a toolkit set and then scaled across each Control Center project created?

• @Matt Takahashi that is very much on the roadmap but not currently available. "Scale" is a central theme of our collections focus moving forward.

• Cathy Salscheider
    Cathy Salscheider ✭✭✭✭✭

It was VERY confusing at Engage as to who can get this. 1) we just reupped our subscription recently and don't have additional funds for a new premium subscription model. The new subscription is needed per the subscription team. 2) we have Enterprise subscription now and a few of us are Early Adopters. We heard from the EA team that EVERYONE at our org would need to be enrolled in EA (not just licensed users) in order to get this early, if we can get it 3) there doesn't seem like there is a plan to each type of org to get them on collections.
    We were/are very excited for this new functionality. SS - you could definitely improve your planning and communication around this new feature. Thanks

• John Hieger
    John Hieger Employee
    edited 10/10/24

EAP flags can be enabled at the org level or the single user level. The flag needs to be enabled at the org level for them to have access to collections. If its just enabled at the user level it won't work.

• In terms of who gets collections, all Enterprise plans on the new user model should have access now. In terms of legacy Enterprise plans, those customers will transition to the new user model at their next renewal starting this coming January. Renewals happening this year have the option to expedite the transition.

• @John Hieger - I have an Enterprise plan on the user model and cannot see the collection feature. The "flag" you mentioned, is that something I need to turn on? I have a ticket open, and they said we should be eligible, but can't get it to appear.

• John Hieger
    John Hieger Employee
    edited 10/11/24

@rachel nielseon The flag is for EAP and that is on the backend. I would push on your rep to see what specifically is going on with your account as I don't have access to that. Sorry for the inconvenience though. I'll ping our EAP team in the meantime to see if they know what's going on.