Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Ability to Count Comments at the Row and Sheet levels

As I'm sure many others are, we are using Smartsheet for project intakes. My executive team wants to be able to count the number of comments per row, as it will show how many times the operations team had to contact sales or other departments for additional information or reminders regarding a particular request. Each row is added via intake form, so one row is one request. The idea is to see which requests are more likely to have an elongated setup process or additional escalation.

I see comments are counted in Update Requests, but it's not necessarily accurate because it doesn't include replies. Also, that information is not stored anywhere useful so we would have to manually track the data.

It would also be helpful to be able to count the total # of comments in a sheet, but if we can count on a row basis, maybe it could be summed in a Sheet Summary field formula.

(see the original post by @squirrelax - https://community.smartsheet.com/discussion/100596/counting-comments-in-a-conversation)

1 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated