Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Sharing Worksheet- Removing a person

Farah Mir
Farah Mir
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

I copied an worksheet to create a new worksheet that I am working on. Since this worksheet was copied the old owner is still a owner on my worksheet. I would like to remove the old owner from seeing my new worksheet.

There is two owners on the worksheet. How do I remove the old owner from the worksheet. 

Comments

• IIf the owner is still on good terms they can transfer ownership to you and remove themselves. If this is not possible I would download the worksheet, upload it and save it. This way you can use the worksheet without having the previous user see what is being submitted.

• Travis
    Travis Employee

Farah - it is not possible to have two owners of the same sheet. Could you open the sharing tab and see what it says? If it says there are two owners, please take a screenshot (hiding any personal data/email addresses) and attach it to this thread. 

How did you copy the sheet? When you copy a sheet (right click on the title tab and select Save as New is one option), there should not be anyone shared to the sheet. Only you (the owner) will have access to the copy until you share it (unless it’s in a workspace).

Is the new sheet in a Workspace? If so, the copy will be automatically shared to whoever is shared to the workspace. Here is information on workspace sharing: http://help.smartsheet.com/customer/portal/articles/522067-workspace-sharing

Here is information on removing users from sharing on a sheet NOT located in a workspace: http://help.smartsheet.com/customer/portal/articles/520104-sharing-sheets#remove

This discussion has been closed.