Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

New sheet based on filter?

Options
Kroll
Kroll
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

I created a filter which only shows the launch dates. I'm trying to export these dates to iCal but whenever I do the filter is not applied within iCal and it includes every subtask. I figure a work around would be to make a new sheet with only the filtered launch dates and export that to iCal, however I can't figure out how to do this. With the filters applied I choose "save as new" but it still includes all the original data. Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Comments

• Shaine Greenwood
    Options

Hi Kroll,

Currently, filters only hide information from your sheet. When you publish to iCal or Save as New, all of the sheet data will be included. There currently isn't a way to only publish or perform a save as new of the filtered view of a sheet.

To accomplish what you need, you'll need to copy the desired rows to another sheet. The best way to do this is to Save as New, delete rows from the copy, apply your filter to the original, then copy those rows to the sheet copy you made.

This is outlined below:

1. Open your sheet and Save as New.
    2. Open the COPY of your sheet that was made and delete all data from the COPY.
    3. Return to the original sheet and apply your filter.
    4. Select all of the visible rows, right-click on a selected row, and click Copy to Another Sheet.
    5. Select the COPY of the sheet you made as the destination.

You can then publish the COPY to iCal and get the desired rows.

This discussion has been closed.