Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Checkbox checked, cancel RYG

Options
oakhayat
oakhayat
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Hello,

I have created 3 columns for the RYG, if the project is in the early stages the color green will show, if it is due within 4 days, yellow will show, and when it is due in 2 days red will show.

Now I have a checkbox for the employees to click if the work is complete and I want the RYG colors disappear when they click it, how can I do that?

Thanks

Comments

• Robert S.
    Robert S. Employee
    Options

Hello,

Thanks for the question. We have a blog post on how to automate RYG balls, which includes wether or not a checkbox is checked. You can read more on this here (https://www.smartsheet.com/blog/support-tip-automate-RYG-balls).

Using the information you've given and the information in the blog post, Here's an example of how this formula could be written:

=IF([Complete Checkbox]1 <> 1, IF(TODAY() - [Due Date]1 >= -2, "Red", IF(TODAY() - [Due Date]1 >= -4, "Yellow", "Green")))

You may need to update the column names and row number in the formula to work in your sheet.

This discussion has been closed.