Calculating a Date Based on a Future Date

Options
dneuffervhs
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello,

I am trying to use my smart sheet for a event plan. I have the date of the event at the end of the month, but I'd like the fill in the dates of emails and meetings that will be held before hand.

Events Dates 1/25/18 to 1/27/18

Meeting 60 days before

Email #1 2 weeks before

Email #2 2 days before

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Danielle

Comments

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Are you using dependencies? If so, you can set up the sheet to automate the dates by making rows dependent on previous rows. 

Here is more information on dependencieshttps://help.smartsheet.com/articles/765727-enabling-dependencies-using-predecessors

Using Formulas instead of predecessors and Dependencies.

If you created your own sheet and are not using predecessors or a template that is set up with dependencies you can also use formulas to set the dates you want. Note which column and row the final end date is on... i.e. DueDate10 then you can use this formula in your row for the Meeting Date. =DueDate10-60

Using Calendar Days

That will give you 60 days before the due date. Note: The formula needs to be put in a date column so use the same column as the original due date. To calculate the others, you can use the same formula and subtract the number of days. 

Using Workdays

If you want to use workdays instead of calendar days (workdays ignore weekends) then use =Workday(DueDate10, -60) to calculate 60 workdays from the due date.