Alerts not going every time and to all addresses?

RWerner
RWerner
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

I have many (20) alerts setup on a support queue sheet. Some of those alerts need to go to multiple people. I've set the alert up correctly to send to up to three recipients. I am one of those recipients. I know the alert triggers because I received the email alert, but the other two did not. I've also seen where one of the other recipients got the email but myself and the other person did not. 

These are emails specifically selected from a contact list when setting up the alert. I have confirmed that the email addresses are correct. This is happening in a few other of my alerts as well.

Ideas?

Comments

• Are the users all shared to the sheet?  If not, you might need to change the permission levels in the alerts tab.  See the attached example.  I missed this step many times myself!

Best,

Sarah

Alerts.JPG

• Thank you for the reply.

Yes, all users have the sheet shared to them. It's a random thing, like I said. Some will get it sometimes and some won't. I may try building the alert a different way to see if that helps. I sometimes wonder if the SS system gets "confused" by all of the alerts or maybe one alert could cancel out another one?

• Update. The only resolution that seems to be working is to rewrite the alerts as Update Requests and create a separate one for each person. Time will tell.

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

To confirm: The original problem was Alerts with 3 recipients would sometimes go to only some of the recipients but seemed to be random?

Did changing to one alert > one recipient fix the problem?

Craig