Enhancement Request: Improve Location Search

J. Craig Williams
J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Under the Search window, there is a Location section.

Please improve it.

1. I don't know how the selected Workspaces displayed between Sheets and "All other workspaces" are determined. They are rarely useful to me.

Are these the list of "most hits" but in some order (not alphabetical, not number of hits)?

2. I want to select the Current Workspace or selected specific Workspace.

3. What does  "All other workspaces" mean, anyway? All not in that list (1)? All not the current one?

4. Why is the Type selections shown as a series of check boxes and the Location and Last Modified shown as a list with a blue highlight when selected? I suggest changing last two to radio buttons (single selection).

(2) is the most important. When working on Project A, I really don't care about search results from Project B or the Master. The Search is too cluttered to find what I want to find, quickly.

This request has also be posted to the Form

Craig

EnhReq_SearchLocation.png

Comments

• Hi Craig,

The workspaces that appear underneath Location are based on relevance to your search term.

I just tested this, if I leave the field blank I get Sheets and Anywhere. Once I type something and press Enter, I get a list of workspaces.

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

It appears that 'relevance' is relative (based on count). For common terms, my search results are overwhelmed by some customer workspaces, very rarely are my common term searches of use unless I add the Last Modified filter and it is something I worked on recently.

I try to use keywords so I can find things more quickly but that is not always an option.

Craig

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I really want: 

2. I want to select the Current Workspace or selected specific Workspace.

I have a common word that I am looking for and I KNOW the workspace I need to look in, but it isn't one the 'relevant' list.

I have a work-around. But I still want it.

Craig