Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Is it possible to assign a task to multiple people?

Options

Comments

• RM701
    RM701
    edited 09/17/15
    Options

Adding my vote for multiple resource allocation to a single task as well. Its clutch.

• Chris79
    Chris79
    edited 09/21/15
    Options

Voting for this feature!

• Donn Denniston
    Options

Looks like we are going back to using Project until this feature becomes available. It's unfortunate because everything else about SmartSheet was perfect but this feature is a must have.

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    Options

Dave, Emily, RM701, and Chris, I have added your votes for the ability to assign a task to multiple users. 

• siouxzieb
    siouxzieb
    edited 09/21/15
    Options

So just how many votes will it take, I wonder?

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    Options

siouxzieb - there are many factors the Product team takes into account when determining what features to implement. The enhancement requests submitted by our customers are one of those factors. There isn’t a set number of votes that would 100% guarantee a feature is implemented but the more a feature is requested, the more likely it will be considered. 

Thanks for asking! 

• Wilinton Tenorio
    Options

Adding my vote for multiple resource allocation to a single task. It is critical for our business as well.

• Baden Turley
    edited 09/27/15
    Options

We would be keen for this also.  But not sure we need it with effort and duration etc like MS project.  Just the ability to assign multiple resources and maybe a percentage of time.

Another change that would help us, would be in the report builder, in the "who - assigned to", to be able to filter by contains '<resource name>'.  For us, we just want to be able to see what people are assigned to and working on.  

• Yes we certainly need this ability as well so we don't have to add multiple columns for keeping track of multiple resources.

• RM701
    Options

Echo what Mr. Clarke above said regarding recreating multiple columns to track resources. It's functional in the looses since of the word but not practical to have to do it that way. 

I didn't see where my vote was capture about.

So, again I place my vote for this feature. Smile

• siouxzieb
    Options

Just have to chime in again here...thank you, Travis, for illuminating the process for implementing features at Smartsheet. I apologize if my tongue-in-cheek comment wasn't as clear/obvious as I thought it would be. So I'll try again:

There are many, many requests for this, and several people who have expressed that not offering this "feature" is a deal-breaker. The resource feature is one of the most important components of this tool for our company, but the inablity to track individual effort on a single task really degrades/limits what could be a fantastic feature.

Every time an update on this thread arrives in my inbox (which is at least once a day), I pray that it's actually Smartsheet saying it's being implemented. So far, fail. :-(

• David Gordon
    Options

Here's my vote Cool

Dave

• Sue Ann Hahn-Gabrelcik
    edited 10/07/15
    Options

Add my vote as well please.

• Jim Hartman
    Options

Please add my vote for adding the ability to name more than one assigned to on tasks.

• Padraig Crowley
    edited 10/13/15
    Options

Yes, please add my vote for multiple resource allocation to a single task. This is preventing widescale adoption of Smartsheet usage at our company.

This discussion has been closed.