Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Trying to build a good, dynamic task list

Options
Shawn Zerkle
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

I'm working on getting a good personal task list system going within Smartsheet.  I've gone through a small number of efforts to get what I need, but I still have a problem around getting something dynamic and quick functioning.

1.  Built a task list based on the task list template.  With no automatic sorting, I have to sort it manually from scratch after most changes to the list (I.E. Checking done does not move the item to the bottom and entering a date does not put the item in the right place).  I can set and save a filter on the done column (possibly ideal), but then sorting appears to be disabled.

2.  I read in the community that to get around issue 1, reports should be used.  This solution seems elegant enough for saving a sort and filter the way I want it, but blank dates are sorted to the top as opposed to the bottom which seems counter-intuitive.

So, is there any way to get automatic sorting and filtering on a sheet, is there a way to fix the sorting of blank dates on a report, or did this just turn into a feature request (as it appears to be at this point to me)?

Comments

This discussion has been closed.