Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Formulas not following over

Options

When I input a claim from the web form, it appears somewhat down in my sheet, and no formulas.  This is also the case when I have a row with formulas, then I move it to another sheet with the same columns and formulas, but it appears in the subsequent sheet in the bottom row, but no formulas.  This is very frustrating because I have to keep copying formulas every time I move a row or receive a claim (row) through the web form.  Based on the help files, I know something is wrong.  Please let me know what I am doing wrong.  Very much appreciated!

Thank you,

Daniel Thornton

Comments

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    edited 04/28/15
    Options

Hello! This sounds like the same issue Christan was having last week in this discussion: https://community.smartsheet.com/discussion/row-gap-issue-web-form-entries

Formulas are only auto filled on a new row if the two rows above or below contain the same formula. Removing the blank rows should fix your formula issue as well. 

• Hello Travis,

I appreciate your prompt response.  Unfortunately, my issue is as of yet, unresolved.  I tried deleting all of the blank rows which allowed the web form to insert my new entry into the last row, however, when I move that row into another sheet, which I have also deleted all of the blank rows, my formulas still disappear and I am back to copying formulas.  I am not sure which is worse, continually copying formulas or repeatedly deleting blank rows.  In either case, it is a continual chore to try to keep up.

Respectfully,

Daniel Thornton

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    Options

Hi Daniel, it is good practice to delete a row if you are finished with it, rather than just deleting the contents. If you do this then you shouldn’t have to worry about blank rows between your form entries. You do not have to delete ALL the rows at the end of your sheet (these are “new” rows that are automatically added) but only delete any row that has contained data at one point. 

For the formula issue, moving the row between sheets will strip the formulas. However, the formula will remain if you cut or copy the row contents by highlighting the cells (not the row, just the cells in the row), right click and select Copy or Cut, go to your second sheet, right click in a blank row and select Paste. 

• Hello Travis,

I figured out to have the form populate at the top of the sheet, then I don't have to worry about where it shows up below and it always has the formulas. because I cretaed a locked row at the top.  Thanks for the advice on using cut and paste instead of move.  I will give that a try also!

Regards,

Daniel

This discussion has been closed.