Automate RYG to Reflect Task Status

ldeutschmann
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

I have a sheet task and I need to automate the RYG balls to reflect the "Progress" column, red for "Not Started" yellow for "In Progress" and green for "Completed" but I cannot seem to get the formula correct. Any tips?

Thanks!

Comments

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Try the formula below. This formula assumes your status column is called status and you are using it in row 24. If you have spaces in your column name, or it ends in a number, you will need to use brackets. [Column Name With Spaces]24

=IF(status24 = "Complete, "Green", IF(status24 = "In Progress", "Yellow", IF(OR(status24 = "Not Started", ISBLANK(Status24)),"Red")))

• Worfed
    Worfed ✭✭

@Mike Wilday Hey Mike just jumping in - I've a similar sheet with the Column called Column3 at the moment - but none of the formulas suggested seem to work - do I need to specify the row number in each cell or can I reference the whole column by a generic descriptor @row? I've edited the formula flow to reflect the Order the Conditions appear in Column3 : -

=IF(OR(Column3 = "Not Started", ISBLANK(Status24)),"Red”, IF([Column3] = "In Progress", "Yellow", IF([Column3] = "Complete, "Green")))

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

The challenge with your formula is that

1. You are using Status24 in one call and [Column3] in another.
    2. Your status column should also be a single choice dropdown not a multi-choice dropdown and
    3. You are missing a closing " mark after Complete which is also why its showing up as unparseable.

Try this formula: =IF(OR([Column3]@row = "Not Started", ISBLANK([Column3]@row)), "Red", IF([Column3]@row = "In Progress", "Yellow", IF([Column3]@row = "Complete", "Green")))

Here is a working sample of a test I made.

https://app.smartsheet.com/b/publish?EQBCT=19a09b2f675647a0b231cfc7df87d4ca