Overlay Google Calendar in SS in a grid

Options
Miguel Urquijo
edited 12/09/19 in Formulas and Functions

Im going to implement a time management report in the company to understand how the staff spend their time (meetings, planning, execution, travel, etc) To do this we use a name code in Google Calendar that enable us to automate the analysis, like this. 

• All meeting start with MEETING...
  • Task-related to projects starts with the name of the project: PROJECT NAME - task 1
  • Travel moments are name, TRAVEL point A to B
  • among others

Unless this report is created automatically is not worth the effort to get these insights. For this reason, I want to overlay Google Calendar in a grid of SS where I can formulate a sum of the time spend in MEETING, PROJECT NAME 1, PROJECT NAME 2, TRAVEL and so on. 

I need to put G calendar information on a grid like this:

ACTIVITY          DATE           START TIME          END TIME

Any ideas on how to accomplish this? 

Comments

• Shaine Greenwood
    Shaine Greenwood Employee
    edited 03/14/18
    Options

Hi Miguel,

There currently isn't a way to overlay a google calendar on the grid view or perform calculations on a google calendar.

Calendar files export in .ics format, which is incompatible with Smartsheet's acceptable file formats (.csv, .xls, .xml) for importing.

When you have a moment, please submit a Product Enhancement Request to let our Product team know that you'd like to see this feature added to Smartsheet.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!