Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Alert to Row owner when Task Not complete and Due Date past

Tim Meeks
Tim Meeks ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

I posted this as a reply to another post, but thought I'd start as a new discusssion.

https://community.smartsheet.com/discussion/past-due-reporting

I want to send an Alert to a Task Row Owner when  the Task Due Date is past and the Status is NOT complete.  If this condition is true, I got the idea from the above post to populate a cell with Today's date.

Then i'll set up an alert to be sent if the Alert Date = TODAY.   In this new column called Alert Date, I made it a Date property type and have added the following formula.  

The logic reads: If Today is older(greater) than the Due Date and the Status is NOT completed, then populate the cell with Todays' date, else blank.

=IF(AND(TODAY() > [Due Date]3, NOT(Status3) = "Completed"), TODAY(), "")   

However, I'm getting a #MISSING OR INVALID PARAMETERS error.  I've changed the location of the parenthesis several times and still can't get it work.   Any help is appeciated. 

And if there is a better way to do, please let me know.

thanks,

Tim

Comments

This discussion has been closed.