networkday trigger for update request -- requires opening sheet?

Options
R.Silber
R.Silber ✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

I have a number of update requests that I've set up to "trigger" from a column that calculates the number of networkdays left before a due date. For example, I want a manager to update the page count of a report 3 days before that report goes out to an editor so that we know if the length has increased. 

But, if that particular day happens to be a Monday and I have that day off and don't happen to open my sheet on that Monday, then I've missed the window and when I open the sheet on Tuesday that column will go directly from 4 to 2, thereby never triggering my update request.

Anyone have a workaround for this so that triggers will work even when/if the main sheet isn't opened each day?

Comments

• Shaine Greenwood
    Options

Hello,

For formulas to calculate and update to the latest value, the sheet does have to be opened and then saved. Formulas won't calculate on the backend and save the sheet without somehow being opened first.

As a workaround: you might try third-party integrations to do this for them, such as Zapier or Azuqua to see if they can open the sheet for you.