Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Sorting within filtered view

Chris79
Chris79
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

It would be useful to be able to sort within a filtered view. I do realize that I could probably do something with Reports, however, we are looking at getting the Basic plan, which doesn't support Reports.

Comments

• A bit clumsy but the workaround is to sort first then apply the filter second. You can't currently sort after a filter has been applied (yet)

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Suggest you get the full license so you can use Reports, you are missing out on too much functionality otherwise.:) 

Good luck.

Richard

• Richard, I tried telling that to my boss and other members of the team, but they don't see the need for Smartsheets collaboration or reporting features. To them, it's just a tweaked version of Excel (which, since they don't need the sharing and collaboration features, it mostly is to them). 

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Chris, the challenge we face (and hopefully overcome) is that unless users of Excel are in pain or just had a data disaster, they stick with what they know, and have no idea what they are missing.

So a lot of our clients come to us in urgent need and we can quickly help them to  produce results that impress (not hard in Smartsheet is it?).

Or they are companies that are actively looking for collaboration and efficiency gains. 

If your colleagues sit in neither camp, maybe wait until they do? 

Good Luck

RichardR

This discussion has been closed.