Formula errors

NTG
NTG
edited 12/09/19 in Formulas and Functions
  1. Schedule Variance:
    1. Getting errors Invalid & Unparseable.
      1. My best guess to those results. Are the other columns that it's looking at have cells that are blank. ( actual finish date) resulting from the fact that that task is not completed yet. Thus nothing to draw from
        1. What I’m trying to have the formula pick up...is that if the cell is blank…””…that it will produce the Unchanged symbol.
          1. The formula works fine. But once I insert the last piece (in bold below) of the 2nd formula it produces the error messages above

Formula that works:               =IF([Planned Finish]4 - DATEONLY([Actual Finish]4) > 0, "Up", IF([Planned Finish]4 - DATEONLY([Actual Finish]4) < 0, "Down", "Unchanged"))

Formula that doesn’t work:  =IF([Planned Finish]1 - DATEONLY([Actual Finish]1) > 0, "Up", IF([Planned Finish]1 - DATEONLY([Actual Finish]1) < 0, "Down", "Unchanged", IF([Actual Finish]1 = "", "Unchanged"))))

smartshhet screen shot help request.JPG

Comments

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Try:  =IF([Planned Finish]1 - DATEONLY([Actual Finish]1) > 0, "Up", IF([Planned Finish]1 - DATEONLY([Actual Finish]1) < 0, "Down", "Unchanged", IF(ISblank([Actual Finish]1), "Unchanged"))))

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!