Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Can I link TO another sheet instead of linking FROM?

Dana Radon
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

I need to link my issue log rows to a master issues log in a different workspace in SmartSheet. However, my boss does not want anybody to make changes in his worksheet unless those changes are done by linking our issue rows to it. The only thing I have been able to do is go into his master issue sheet and link to mine. Can I link from mine to his instead?

Comments

• John Sauber
    John Sauber ✭✭✭✭✭✭

This would be very nice to establish a link from either the source or the destination. We have the same problem as Dana, except the reason for it is that the main sheet we're looking to link to is absolutely enormous, and it can't be sorted or filtered.

Luckily, we can use the search and find feature, and that works extremely well in the linking dialogue. This feature must have been a recent addition.

• JohnHinkle
    JohnHinkle ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Yes you can link from your sheet to the master sheet. Go to your sheet, highlight the cells you want to link. Right click and select Copy. Go to the Master sheet, right click where you want to link. Select Paste Special > Links to copied cells. 

This discussion has been closed.