Why can't Smartsheet work in an Ipad Browser?

2»

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Jonathan Siddons

@Dale Backus

Yes, i noticed it not working for me now either.

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Wow, this is pretty disappointing. I just purchased an iPad Pro 12.9 with keyboard and trackpad, and was hoping to use Smartsheet on it. The iPad app is too limited as others have pointed out. In Safari, apparently it’s opening the full desktop browser version, but you can’t scroll down! In Chrome, the only option available seems to be the mobile web version, which is even more limited in functionality than the iOS app.

I’ll be looking for another product if this doesn’t get fixed soon.

• I am here for the same reason. I have a managed corporate MacBook with Chrome bookmarks. I do some work on an iPad Pro. There are few things that do not work on the iPad Pro. I was doing some work on the iPad and needed an URL located in a Smartsheet. No matter how I tried on my iPad, I could not get the information I wanted. The sheet is huge and my filters seemed to be missing from the mobile app and the mobile web.

Why can’t I just use the desktop web app like nature intended? What is the workaround?

Many thanks, Marty

• It appears Smartsheet is falling behind the times. Many professionals these days are using the new iPad w/magic keyboard and Bluetooth mouse as their only device where they are fully capable of utilizing the full version of this application. The mobile app is very subpar and doesn’t even allow you to add columns to existing sheets, change a cell color, bold print or many other useful tools. I mean…. There is a reason why Apple gave their new iPad’s the same M1 chip as their MacBooks. The current mobile app or mobile web is only good for viewing…. This does not help me.

• gwson
    gwson ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd like to bump this topic, as I would love to see some improvement to the 1:1 alignment of the iPad iOS browser or app functionality to that of a OSX or PC. I run around with an iPad and am limited in interacting with formulas or advanced workflows.

• This is frustrating. Intentionally hamstrung doesn't make sense to me... I can't even scroll