Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Smartsheet vs. MS Project

Terri Pavlovic
Terri Pavlovic ✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

I'm looking for a list of pros/cons of using Smartsheet vs. MS Project.  Does anyone have a list you'd be willing to share?

I'd like to encourage more broad use of Smartsheet within my organization, but I know I'll need to be able to explain what it does not do in comparision with MS Project.

So far we've been using it several months in one group and enjoy the ease of use and collaboration features.

Comments

• Zack S
    Zack S Employee

Hello Terri, 

Here is a link to our comparison page, which will compare Smartsheet to Project, and other applications that are similar to Smartsheet: https://www.smartsheet.com/project-management-software-comparison

-Zack 

• Thanks Zack, this is helpful.

I'd also be interested in seeing a list of what Smartsheet does NOT do but MS Project does.  To get our MS Project users to migrate, they need to know what functions they'd be giving up.  It might not be things they actively use (e.g. successor tasks) but would help with the transition.

• Zack S
    Zack S Employee

Hello Terri, 

Thank you for the follow up. At this time we don't have a list with this type of information, but I've let your account rep know what you are looking for, and they will be sure to reach out and get any additional questions you need answered. 

-Zack

• What's missing on SmartSheet?

1) Being able to have more then one person assigned to a task. (more on that discussion here: https://community.smartsheet.com/discussion/it-possible-assign-task-multiple-people)

2) Being able to work offline and sync changes.

What's better then MS Project?

1) As you would already know, SS is so much eaiser to use then Project.

2) The automatic reminder emails on individual tasks are awesome for us. As is the conditional formatting.

3) One of the big ticks for us is the mobile app. We have an overview page with links to various key tasks in our projects and senior management can see realtime progress of all projects at a glance when ever they want.

This discussion has been closed.