Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Date formatting

Options
13»

Comments

• franz.walter
    Options

Hi there,

is there any news on this? I think it is really essential to have a custom date formatting per sheet, because different projects might use different time codes.

Best,

Franz

• Definitely need to format dates not only per sheet, but even by column.  Some columns are full dates (mm/dd/yyyy, m/d/yy, yyyy/m/d, etc.) while other columns are intended to just be at the month level (mmm-yyyy, m-yyyy, etc.)

• RDraper
    RDraper ✭✭
    Options

Yes, please add a vote for dates in the DDMMMYY format such as 14Feb19.  This is the standard we use.  I can add this in to my fields currently only if I change them to a text field, but then I cannot sort by due date.  It only takes into consideration the day and does not sort correctly.  Seems like over two years to develop a way to customize the date is a LONG TIME for something very needed and not that complicated.

What is the ETA on getting something like this please?

• Katerina
    Options

I'd like to add a vote for selecting from date options. At the very least allowing for MMM ANYWHERE in a date is so important for an international company. A sheet is useless if we can't use it across borders. 

• LUCYN
    Options

Hi,

My client and team would also be greatly benefitted by the ability to show day of the week on smartsheets, e.g. Monday 4 March instead of 4.3.19.

Please make this happen!

Lucy

• KeRMiT VAs
    Options

Why is it that we are now in 2019, and your reply to the request to have the ability to format the date how we need it to look where you replied in 2015, has still gone unanswered and we have no way of formatting the date how we need it to look. As a brand new user as of today where I literally just signed up, not having the ability to do this in a program that appears to be a pretty great concent, seems a bit baffling that they haven't already done this. When will this feature be added?

• Kara Lumley
    Options

Hi all,

Thank you for your patience. 

Barring any major issues, we will be releasing the ability to format date columns with 10 new non-ambiguous formats in June.

Best,

Kara

• Stefan 7k
    Options

That's fantastic news!

I keep my fingers crossed, that nothing stops this.

Projektmanagement Professional in Frankfurt am Main, Germany

• amazing in the most negative manner, that this is not activated yet- when working with global communities, as most of us do, we MUST have the date format capability in text eg 01 Jun 2019. Having the option to just define it English US or Europe in ONLY date/numbers format DDMMYY or viceversa, IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH

it is about time that this issue be resolved

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Gabriela,

Good news! It's coming!

Hi Richard,

Barring any major issues, we will be releasing the ability to format date columns with 10 new non-ambiguous formats in June.

Best,

Kara

Hope that helps!

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• shjacobs
    Options

Is there anything we'll need to do to get this feature? Waiting patiently.

• Kara Lumley
    Options

Hi all,

About 30 minutes ago, date formatting was released (you may need to refresh your browser). 

The community announcement and link to the new help page will be posted shortly.

You will now be able to:

• Adjust dates to your desired format at the cell or column level

• Update date formatting in grid view and Gantt view

• Display dates with the new formatting on reports and dashboard

Have a wonderful day!

Kara

2019-06-06_7-59-33.png

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Excellent news!

Thanks Kara!

Best,

Andrée

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Sttnelson
    Options

I'm glad to hear there are other ways to format the date column.

However, I do not see an option to simply have the numerical mm/dd/yyyy without the Day short-handed before it. Is there something I am missing?

This discussion has been closed.