Notification Email Background Color

Russ Anderson
Russ Anderson ✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

My notification emails are now coming across with a colored background. Is there a way to turn this off in SmartSheet so that I don't have to do it when I forward my emails?

Email Background Color.png

Comments

• Hi Russ,

There currently isn't a way, from the Smartsheet end, to customize the background color of the notification emails that are sent out from Smartsheet.

Smartsheet typically applies a default white background color, or at least that's what I've been able to determine from inspecting notifications in two different mail clients (Apple mail and gmail in a browser).

Try double-checking to see whether these messages appear the same way in a different email client. (Outlook mobile, gmail in a browser, Outlook in the browser, etc.) If you're seeing something different depending on the client then your native version of Outlook is the culprit.

• Thanks for the comment, but all of my other emails in Outlook 2016 on my Window's 10 PC come across with the default color as expected, it's only the SS notification emails that come with this color.

In the Colors Settings & Logo, the current Background Color is #FFFFFF, but the color in the emails is #F5F6F8. The color is most noticeable where lines and other White (#FFFFFF) things are in the email. It didn’t used to be this way. As far as I can tell, there’s no way for me to adjust this.

Based on my research, the change happened in early April.

• Ramsay Zaki
    Ramsay Zaki ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I have this same problem. When viewing the Smartsheet notification email in Outlook, I get a strange background color. But, when I open that same message in Outlook web, it appears fine. I think it is because Smartsheet has put a "box" around the main message and Outlook itself is not rendering the box correctly. Smartsheet should just make the WHOLE thing white.

When I "send" a row to someone, the email looks fine. But, when an alert is sent out via an Automation, it gets this strange appearance.

• Please upvote the last comment. This person is 100% right.

The emails look unprofessional in outlook which affect user adoption of the automations.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Russ Anderson @Ramsay Zaki @Jeff Mac

I hope you're well and safe!

Great idea! That would be a great addition to Smartsheet features.

Please submit this as a Product Feedback or Idea (If it hasn't been added already) when you have a moment.

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.