Export to Google Calendar although no longer syncing from smartsheet

SS IT
SS IT
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Question-

We would like to export the calendar to Google Calendar. I am familiar with the publish feature but it appears that it will only create a new calendar and can't be added to an existing Google Calendar.  1. Is this correct?

I would like to export all entries into Google Calendar but not have it synced, meaning if I cancel my smartsheet subscription I will retain all past data. 2. Is this possible? If so, how?

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Hello,

You're correct, you can only publish to a new Google calendar, not an existing one.

There currently isn't a way to directly export to Google calendar such that the calendar will remain there after you were to cancel your Smartsheet account—only to publish to Google calendar, which requires an active Smartsheet account. 

You may be able to export the calendar data on the google side as long as you have your Smartsheet account. I found a google support article that steps through this process: https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/37111?hl=en

You could then import that as a new calendar, delete the published Smartsheet calendar, and potentially preserve the past data.