Multiselect Dropdown with Form integration

13»

Comments

• Hi,

Does Smartsheet have a timeline on this? It appears this functionality has been in development since 2015.Thanks!

• esorrell80971
    esorrell80971 ✭✭
    edited 07/24/19

I wanted throw an up-vote on this feature as well. We are trying to build automation based on multiple select input and although there is a work around that includes creating multiple columns it is unclean and clunky to say the least. Look forward to seeing this functionality in the solution.

• Very interested in this improvement as well. Currently using a form to collect info from another team and could really use this!

• Kara,

Is there a timeline on when this will be implemented by? and will this option be integrated into forms as well so that it allows for selecting multiple values from a form to be entered into the sheet?

Thanks

Milind Shah

• Bob May
    Bob May ✭✭

How about an update and scheduled implementation date please?

Multi-select already exists in Contact columns.  How hard could this really be?

• Yes- I vote for this as well! WE NEED THIS FEATURE for our forms. I work in agriculture and here is an example of application..... different crops have different references for relative maturity, pests that affect them, crop protection to spray on them. Some things cross over to different crops, some don't. If you select Soybeans as the crop, I would like the form to automatically remove maturities, pests, crop protection products that would not go with that crop. Do you have an ETA?

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Emily Workman

I hope you're well and safe!

This is already available if I understand your need correctly.

More info: 

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• @Andrée Starå Thanks so much for your response. So I looked into it... and it could possibly help, but in order for it to help, I am going to have to add more columns to my sheet. I was hoping to have 1 column labeld "Farm Name" with all the farms listed for that grower. Then I would like to have another column labeled "Field Name" with all the fields that go to all the different farms for that grower. Then when you select "Farm 1" for example, the only fields that showed up for you to select in the form would be the fields you said go with that farm. Same for Relative Maturity. I only want one column labeled Relative Maturity and I want to put the different Relative Maturity terms for all the crops in a dropdown in that column. Then when I select Soybeans as my crop, I only want relative maturity terms that would make sense with soybeans to show up. Unless I'm mistaken, it's still not there. Seems like in some ways I can do what I need to do, but this will require me adding more column to my sheet and cluttering it up.