Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Can you create Custom Functions in SS like you can in Excel with VBA programming language?

Ji Daily
Ji Daily
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

Can you create Custom Functions in SS like you can in Excel with VBA programming language?

Comments

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    edited 05/13/15

Ji - we do not support creating custom functions as you can in Excel with VBA but I will pass this suggestion along to our product team for consideration in future development. 

• Thanks for the quick response.

On another topic, I'm new to the SS Community and I thought I saw in the agreements for the community that my sheets and reports can be viewed by the community.  I was concerned that proprietary company info can be accessed by anyone.  Please confirm that this is not the case.

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    edited 05/13/15

Good question - the Smartsheet Community does not access your sheets and none of your Smartsheet data is shared with anyone by joining the Community. The permissions are only used to authorize your Smartsheet account to access the Community. 

• Hello Ji,

There are outside sources that allow you to use excel-like functions in order to organize, integrate, or manipulate your information on SmartSheet. One of which is company called Azuqua, for whom I work. You can do this through creating an account on our website (http://www.azuqua.com/). There is a 14-day free trial that you can access to start off. Then you will have the ability to create a Flo where you can integrate your information from SmartSheet and various other apps and use our wide array of functions to get the results you need. Then click to run the Flo and you will receive the information you were looking for. There are demo videos on the website to help you get a feel for the service as a whole. You can also contact us in any of these ways http://www.azuqua.com/connect/

This discussion has been closed.