Enhancement Request: Workspace / Sheet level Attachments / Discussions

Options
J. Craig Williams
J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

I have submitted this before, not posted to the Community. Still a pain point.

I'd like you to revisit the functionality around Attachments and Discussions at the Sheet level and Workspace level.

Back in the Good Ol' Days (pre UX update 2018-02-13), we could see that there were Attachments or Discussions at the various levels without clicking on the icon to check.

To build out Solution Documentation (how a sheet functions for user / maintenance, how sheets / reports / dashboards interact and integrate with each other, how to build a new project from the existing master workspace, a color code mapping (legend), and other such things), if would be useful if the user could see at a glance that there was sheet level or workspace level documentation (attachments and/or discussions).

The other solutions I keep trying feel like work-arounds when the icons are staring mockingly at me. Nearly every time I leave where I am working to go find something else, somewhere else, I feel like I've been knocked out of the flow.

There's lots of ways this feature set could be improved, but lets start with this one:

I'll send this to the EnhReq Form too.

Craig

--Update: Found initial submission--

EnhReq_workspace_icons.png

Comments

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have submitted this as well. I have built quite a few templates for my coworkers using a lot of automation (easier for everyone else to use). I typed up some quick word docs as instruction manuals so they could use the sheets (and wouldn't accidentally jack everything up). Initially I had them attached to the sheet, folder, or workspace, but I ended up having to send out constant reminders. There was nothing there that stood out to let them know "Hey. There's something here." 

What I have had to do instead is attach it at the row level and in that row, put in a notice to read the attachments before using the sheet. Then they have to delete it before sharing with the client (client only gets viewer level permission), but once it's deleted, they don't have it there for reference.

Highlighting the icon similar to how it works on the row level would be a GREAT feature.

Long story short... You've got my vote on this one.

• Brad Jones
    Brad Jones ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options