Auto populate from one sheet into blank rows on another

08/30/18 Edited 12/09/19

Hi All!

I searched for this, but couldn't find an answer.  Maybe it doesn't exist!

I'm trying to set up a new dashboard for sales reps.  In one sheet I will have them fill out all of their activities.  I was TRYING to get them to fill out all information on one sheet to keep things simple for them.  Is there a way for me to set it up so that when they fill out customer contact information, that  info automatically populates into a new spreadsheet that we have just for contacts? 

Maybe this is too much for a spreadsheet.

Thanks!

Comments

• Andrée StaråAndrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Katie,

Yes, it is, and there are a few different ways to accomplish it. Depending on your set-up and needs.

1. Use Cell linking to link the information from one sheet to another.

2. Use Cross-sheet Formulas

3. Use a service like Zapier or similar to copy the information from one sheet to another.

Please see the attached link/screenshot for more information.

https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/861579-cell-linking

https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/2476606-formulas-reference-data-from-other-sheets

I hope this helps you!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET PARTNER & CONSULTANT / EXPERT

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E: [email protected] | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me about help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or something else entirely.

• Paul NewcomePaul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 09/06/18

I would lean more towards #3 of Andree's suggestions as x-sheet references and cell linking won't CREATE another row whenever a new row is added to the master sheet.

I personally haven't used Zapier, so I can't speak to it's ease of use/flexibility/capabilities, but judging by what I have seen in other posts about it, it may be the best solution for you.

thinkspi.com