Filters - "Assigned to" not able to turn filter off

Options
Cathy Fraser
Cathy Fraser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

I am trying to look at an issue around a filter that is created in a sheet that is set to Assigned To current user, yes when they go into the sheet they only see the task assigned to them, but they are also able to turn the filter off and see all task in the sheet which we do not want. 

I have added some screen shots that shows how it is setup (personal details have been blanked out)

There must be a way to stop the assign being able to turn the filter off, otherwise what is the point of it. 

Thanks for your help in advance 

Capture 5.JPG

Capture 4.JPG

Capture 3.JPG

Capture 2.JPG

Capture 1.JPG

Comments

• Shaine Greenwood
    Options

Hi Cap,

There currently isn't a way to prevent someone from enabling/disabling filters in Smartsheet.

The Smartsheet permission model is centered around the idea that if a sheet is being share to someone, they can see all information in the sheet.

If you're looking for a deeper micro-management layer on top of Smartsheet which does have granular sharing (you can share parts of a sheet to someone without sharing them the entire sheet), then I'd recommend our Status View application. More information about it is available here: https://www.smartsheet.com/apps/status-view