Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Need a Column Property type that is "clock" or "time of day"

Options

Comments

• Lisa Ward
    Options

I m creating an injury incident report form and need to add in time of incident .

I noticed it has been a year since this was first discussed and i am hoping that this issue has now been resolved. If someone could guide me on how to add in time would be greatly appreciated 

• Loann McGee
    Loann McGee ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lisa - if there's been an update, I've not seen one. I know Smartsheet has done many improvements over the last year and so we wait in hope that this one will soon be on their priority list.

Blessings,

Loann

• I would like to add my request for Time format columns as others have done over the past two years. Scheduling is an important part of tracking my projects, and I need a more granular appointment setting on the calendar than simply by day. Thanks for your consideration.

• Philt14
    Options

Hi guys and gals,

Has there been any updates on a column type =  'time'?

• ker9
    ker9 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Add my vote, I want people to tell me what day and time they want something done by (work request).

• RichardPurchas
    edited 06/28/17
    Options

Hi

I want to display the Finish column with date & time.

Is this possible without having to resort to formulas?

Thanks,

Richard

• I am new to Smartsheets and the time stamp for my people to let me know when they start and finish a project would be very beneficial to my Dashboard. Please consider this again, even if it is a simple 1:00 2:00 drop down for us. 

• Shaine Greenwood
    Options

Hi Richard,

There currently isn't a way to display Date and time of day in a start or finish date column but our Product team is interested in developing this type of feature. I don't have a timeframe for when we'd see this in the application.

To increase demand for the feature and make sure we have your insight into your use case, please submit a Product Enhancement Request using the form under Quick links on the right of the community site.

• jenvkuehl
    Options

Another user who would like to see time as a column type. 

• ryanschulz
    Options

Any update on when this might be released? Seems like an essential feature for scheduling. Thanks!

• jrh_indy
    Options

I am dumbfounded by the inability to create a form that includes a date field but no time field. When you look at the calendar view in smartsheets, or use iCAL, a smartsheets time column (field) should be able to be displayed in the calendar.

We were looking to use smartsheets to schedule events in multiple buildings with multiple room options. If a time option is not available, we cannot use smartsheets.

This seems like a really useful feature that has taken way to long to implement.

Does the smartsheets team really understand what we are asking for?

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi 

I'm sure that Smartsheet are on with resolving this need from comments from Kara Lumley recently. 

So why not try some workarounds in the mean time? 

Try a list of dropdown time slots to suit your purpose then sort them in order and show them as a report list. 

Or use Gantt bars and make the Narrative tag that sits aside the Gantt bar eg ...the words "4-5pm slot room b". 

Or if your needs are more complex we can sho you how to use Appsheet with Smartsheet and Google so you can measure time down to Minutes. 

Depends on your needs and urgency? 

Hope that helps

RichardR

• melanie.cagnon
    Options

Hello. I'm new to Smartsheet but was ask to include start and end time on the schedule that we would need to be reflected with duration. Anything yet that can be done?

thank you for your swift answer.

Mélanie

• Jakob
    Options

Hi. We desperately need the time-of-day increments, especially for scheduling events and exporting these to the calendar. It always looks like we have about 4-5 "whole day" events on some of the days indicated in our calendars, which is very disconcerting, and people do not know when to turn up at places.

Smartsheet is great, but this is making it very hard for me to push it through with people in my company.

Could you please check where on your list this feature stands? I notice that the first comment appeared 2 years ago?

Thanks,

Jakob

• Pat Leonard
    Options

Looks like this is an almost 3 year old posting with no progress to date of adding a time column or format option to Smartsheet.  This is very basic functionality that should have been available out of the box.  Is there any plan to update Smartsheet with this functionality or is it a non-prioritized 'feature enhancement' request?  Thanks

This discussion has been closed.