Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Need a Column Property type that is "clock" or "time of day"

Options

Comments

• Chee Yuen Chan
    Options

We are in the business to provide seminar and meeting rooms for bookings.  Time scheduling is essential.  Please add my vote for this inclusion.  Any update on implmentation time?

• Andrew Gross
    Andrew Gross ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Would also be very excited to have start and finish dates include times.

• No update I guess...

• Sally Mainprize
    edited 06/17/16
    Options

Robin Sherwood any update on this need?

• Kara Lumley
    Options

Hi everyone - I will try to get an update on this request today.

Thank you,

Kara

• Kara Lumley
    Options

Hello everyone,

This is still on our long-term roadmap, and not slated to begin scoping out for at least 6 months - sorry that I don't have different news.

Best,
    Kara

• Loann McGee
    Loann McGee ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Kara,

Though I'm sure many hoped for a sooner timeline, I'm so appreciative of the update. And thanks for the newest improvement via the Cards - I LOVE THEM!!!

Blessings,

Loann

• Kara Lumley
    Options

Loann,

I LOVE the new Card view too, we've been so excited for it :)

• binary
    binary
    edited 07/02/16
    Options

shame that this isn't on your short term roadmap. This is preventing my from taking this to my organisation. Otherwise its a great product. :(

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Kara

you introduced us to Appsheet some six months ago and they have been working with us to produce a mobile app that that can deliver exactly what is being requested here. By using Smartsheet as the data source tables that are then integrated together for use on a mobile phone, tablet or Laptop, we are effectively creating conditional logic solutions. Timed reminders etc....

We are very pleased with this and as far as I know this solution is unique and definitely not expensive although there is a small cost of set up and monthly license costs.

Having worked in the event business some 10 years ago, I really wish we could have had this, the use cases are as wide as the imagination.

If anyone is interested in working with us to implement this for them, then contact me for a demo and cost vs benefits discussion. Here is our 1 min Video explaining it voiced over by my colleague Craig.  RichardR

http://smarterbusinessprocesses.com/appsheet/

• If only smartsheet could allow scheduling resources in blocks of time, then we could automate the percent available resource summary by calculation. 

We schedule over 60 people over 55 open hours every week to ensure coverage of all 6 service points in our public library.  It would be great if we could determine the number of hours our employees have remaining to work on special projects.  

And if the resulting schedule could be displayed on a google calendar, then our scheduling woes would be over!

• Lisa Doyle
    edited 10/24/16
    Options

I need this capability also for scheduling service people with start and end times. Any idea when we might see this functionality. I see this thread is over a year old . . .

Thanks!

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 10/25/16
    Options

Lisa

I'm sure we will get an update on the roadmap form the inhouse people at Smartsheet, but have to say, this requirement is one of the most popular and by using Appsheet integrating with Smartsheet tables, you can have what you want right now. It works, it is not expensive and introduces extra benefits such as OFFLine editing followed by SYNC when you can and Signatures + much more. 

If this is important to you, and take away your "pain",then let me know a good time for us to give you a Free demo? 

Hope this helps? 

RichardR

• Loann McGee
    Loann McGee ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks for this update, Richard, though not directed toward me. The option sounds wonderful, but as a non-profit, we just don't have the budget for any additional bells and whistles. ;-(

Blessings,

Loann

• Yinka Aiyetigbo
    edited 01/04/17
    Options

Hi,

I'm rather new to smartsheets. I was planning to use smartsheets to plan and manage an IT solution implementation over 4 days. There are over 100 tasks with dependences on my implementation list. The average duration of each of the tasks is 35 minutes. From the discussion, I don't think smartsheerts would suffice or have am I missing a trick here? 

Regards,

Yinka

This discussion has been closed.