Parent Roll functionality Calculation of subtask Duration calculating wrong

Sara@
Sara@
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

There is an Task hierarchy created with the layer of 5  Main sub task.

For this 5 layer Sub task Duration calculation is wrong when i tried with dependency and without dependency

Can any one help me on this

Screenshot.png

Screenshot.png

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Sara,

It looks and probably is correct. Check your Project Settings > Working Days so that is set up the way that you want.

The Start Date for a Parent will be automatically set to the earliest Start Date from all of its Child Rows. Similarly the End Date will be set to the last End Date from all its Child Rows.

The Duration on the Parent reflects the number of working days between the Start Date and End Date in that row. It provides the full time span encompassed by that section of tasks, from the earliest sub-task to the latest, as opposed to a sum of their durations.

The % Complete on the Parent row will calculate a weighted percentage based on both the Duration and % Complete entered on each child row. In this way, completing child rows with shorter durations won’t affect the Parent row % Complete as much as completing a longer duration child row. Because of the way this is calculated, only sub-tasks with a given Duration and a given % Complete value will be included in the parent row roll-up.

More info: https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/765753-parent-rollup-functionality

I hope this helps you!

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.