Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Send sheets to another licensed user

Options
Jeremy Myers
Jeremy Myers ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

I have sheets that I want to send to other licensed users which they can then "own" and modify as they need for their particular situation.  I don't want to Share or Collaborate, just send and forget.

These sheets would be part of a suite including live links between sheets for rollup reporting that have to remain intact.

What is the fastest and most efficient way to do this?  Is there an ability to download sheets in the native Smartsheet format?   Dumping to excel strips out a all the goodies, so no help there.

Failing that, could I create a workspace, share it with the other licensee and then sever the links back to me?

Smartsheet Dev Team - ability to download sheets in native format and then import by another licensed user would be incredibly helpful.  Until that happens, what to do?

Comments

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 12/25/15
    Options

Jeremy,

This can be done. If I recall correctly, this is how I did it:

1. Share everything you want to share with other user as a user with Admin privileges on the sheets/workspaces.

The other user then:

2. From the Home tab, select the sheet or workspace and select the "Action" button.

They should see something like this:

3. Select the "Make me the Owner" menu item.

4. The user will get a pop-up window explaining that the owner will get an email and must acknowledge the transfer. Click "OK"

Back to you

5. You will get one or more emails and just follow the fairly easy instructions. Transfer of ownership will be complete.

6. To remove them from your sharing list, go back to the the "Action" menu from before and select "Remove me from Sharing" or the new owner can do it without your involvement.

There are a few other ways to get to the various menu items that are used here, but this is easiest one for me to use and explain.

Hope this helps.

Craig

MakeMeOwner.jpg

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    Options

It is also easy to give ownership of an entire workspace (after taking ownership of the sheets in the workspace). Here are the steps: http://help.smartsheet.com/customer/en/portal/articles/506692-removing-workspace-owner-collaborators#changeowner

This discussion has been closed.